Thursday 24 May 2012

What is your reason? YGO thoughts

If someone saw you play Yu-Gi-Oh and threw you a question"Why did you play Yu-Gi-Oh?"

I seen many answers in my life.
Classical answers.

a) I saw the YGO on TV/Web, I want to play.
- This answer is usually given when Yu-Gi-Oh first came out in the year early 2000+ some still give it as their answer till now.

b) My friends all play, I want to be part of them.
- This answer is usually the type that hop on a crowd, their enthusiasim with Yu-Gi-Oh last when their friends are in it. They may occassionally quit but their passion will get fired up when they see a new community of friends playing it.
I am in this category, I am the type that got encouraged by people around me.

c) I like the strategy gaming meta in this game
-  This is usually for those who are game fanatics.

d) I want to see big boobs
- To me i think some may be honest ehough to give this answer.
With the new Mermail archetype that is a rip off from Bermuda TriangleThis will get a whole bunch of new players into the game who just want to look at boobs. So what? If they love Yu-Gi-Oh due to this. It is still a welcome aboard for them.

Notice all the answer, comes to this: It was fun and I love it.
To be honest, I don't really care if the above reasons are dumb or lame, it is a pushing point in the game when we met with challenges such as losing. It is the love of the game that keep us going.

As long as the passion of the game is there, it is half the acheivement done. Whether you made it to the competitive level or you are just a casual player is another thing.

We learn as we play.

However, I heard one answer that really makes me wonder aloud. Take note of the words in BOLD

e) I want to play this game because I KNOW I CAN be good at it.

In my opinion, this answer is really from a player who totally lost his direction/ an arrogant person
How do you know you can be good at the game when you just started it? You don't know the basic rules of the game properly so how can you be good at it? Are you saying you don't love it at all?
To be honest, if you never seen Yu-Gi-Oh in shows /web or it is not recommended by friends, I don't think you will heard of Yu-Gi-Oh. So how can YOU KNOW you can be good at it?

In my opinion, everyone started as a noob. It is the love of the game and the motivation that kept us going, bringing us to the competitive/professional level. However, do not forget how your passion for Yu-Gi-Oh was born.

So what was your reason?

That is the fruit of thought for you

Cheers

Odin Kaiserchronik Kitaras





No comments: