Tuesday 20 March 2012

Full Yen Econ Tournament Report (17/03/12)

Finally entered a tourney since last month. This time, got top 4 with Edward and Cheng Wee. Decided to play a Final Countdown instead of Empty Jar because its a lot less combo oriented and I thought it would be funny to see who can do what. Apparently, I've been proven wrong.

Match 1: W-W
Hakim (FC) vs Pei Ming (Infernity)

Round 1:

He start, Dark Grepher, drop and mill, etc. I draw, Final Countdown, thin deck, then I wait. At one point, had one Purgatory Dragon + Barrier Behind. My turn, I activate A Day of Peace, he let it pass, but then he eventually died because he occupied all his zones. Also, he had no Xyz monsters in his extra deck, so pretty jacked from there.

Round 2:
Same as before. He didn't side. I think I just played without siding since he was going to play like a boss.

Match 2: W-L-W
Hakim vs some X-Saber dude who's name I forgot

Round 1:
Struggled like siao. He Gottoms, I almost died. Screw Gottoms.

Round 2: He Gottoms again, I run out of cards to protect myself.

Round 3: He set a bunch of monsters and cards, then he flip summon his monsters but when he attempted to synchro a level 6 monster, I Skill Drain his ass and cock block him for most of the game. But near the end of the game, he bombed my field and hand but it was turn 19 and I had A Day of Peace the last turn.

Match 3: L-W-L
Hakim vs Chewy (Inzectors)

Why bother writing? Doesn't matter who wins because top 4 by then.

Match 4: L-L
Hakim vs Xhi (Six Samurai)

Round 1: Wa lao, I draw-search-draw-search NEVER GET THE DAMN COUNTDOWN. In the end, he summon out the Naturia Beast and I just switch to stalling tactics but still died.

Round 2: Apparently, he let my Card Car D pass a lot but then his turn he pull out Naturia Beast. Next turn, he pull out a few more monsters, like Grandmaster, Enishi, Kizan. My turn, I decided to be stupid and ask him, "Which are the most threatening monsters" to which he pointed to Beast and Enishi. Then, I tributed the Beast and Enishi for Lava Golem, then Final Countdown.

At one point in the game, as some girl with a dog came to our table and kept staying there. I had no idea who she was at first, but then I asked Xhi to hold on a while till she and the dog go away. But WTF, the table consisting of Xhi, me, Chewy and Edward just poker face down there. Then, she talked to Edward and then it seemed obvious she was his sister. Cheng Wee tried to move his leg away from the dog but then got barked him. You fookin' kidding me?

Seriously annoying. I mean, honestly speaking, what Edward's sister did is the same as me eating beef RIGHT IN FRONT of a Buddhist or a Hindu guy. Its SO offensive. Maybe its my fault for not saying I'm uncomfortable, but is Edward and his sister so air-headed that they don't know they should keep the dog away from muslims? C'mon lah, tolong and give us a break.

Anyway, back to the duel. At one point, we were running out of time. Then, Final Countdown left 5 turns but then the judge, Ze Xuan, give only 4 turns. Guess what, turn 19, I can stall, he default that Xhi wins. I try argue a bit lah, but then I can't be bothered. Better to control my anger for another day. But can we have a change of judge for once? Please?

So yes, in the midst of anger, a boy who I call Frog boy came to tell us something. Because I can, I shall illustrate it in the form of a rage comic.
















And that's what happened, asides all the table flipping.

So Xhi decided to take first prize of Mist Wurm and we split 6 packs amongst ourselves. Edward got nothing, I got Annid and Chewy got Galaxy Photon Eyes. He swap the two Xyz monsters but I don't mind because what's mine is his.

That's all folks!
- Hakim

6 comments:

d3stin3d said...

To be a better player. Please take some time to read up the rules.

http://www.konami-asia.com/th/yugi/event/rules.php?lang=en

Ghakimx said...

lol no thanks.

d3stin3d said...

then what, judge shld always be bias towards WDF people and twist rules?

d3stin3d said...

unless im missing some point that ur lifepoint is higher than him at that point of turn 19. If i do, please update ur post instead of misleading people thinking the judge is a bitch for not following proper procedure.

Shaunewbiez said...

Are you retarded? 4 turns is by default the standard timeout. Also, what ZeXuan did was correct. He gave your duel 4 turns, and the one with the lowest life points would lose the duel. Unless you had higher life points at the end of the time out and you still loss, then the judge was in the wrong, however, it's only basic judge protocol to do so. So unless the alternate situation I provided is what really happened, it's best you stop whining and disgrace yourself. Stop being such an arrogant player and even declining to read the rules when asked nicely to.

zzxiaoboizz aka pohseng said...

its zhi not xhi? Chuan zhi to be exact