Saturday 3 March 2012

Full Yen Non-Ranking Tourney Report (3/3/12)

I read up on many blogs about Chain Disappearance being a killer for this current Meta. I decided to put my feelings aside and try it out IN MY MAIN DECK for this tournament. I decided to main 2 of them in my deck, not sure whether this is suicide or a blessing. And to make this more “better” I also main D.D Crows and Veilers as well. Oh yeah, for desserts, I added an Icarus Attack, I want my Crow to be multi-tasking

Ok, on to the report: As usual any mistake, please correct me, my cool opponents.
Swiss elimination (I think)
Number of Participants: 10+

Deck used: Con-trolled Machina Gadget
Judge: Eustace??

Round 1 vs Wen Liang (Inzektors) ???
I kind of forgot how the whole match goes. I remember on Game 2, he goes Chimeratech Fortress Dragon on me and beat mw with 3k beat stick! Serious crow activity (I think). He seemed to have a bad hand so it was some luck for me I guess for me to win. Time and luck was on my side.
He was stunned when he used Centipede eff to bomb my face down card, which turns out to be a Icarus attack

Round 2 vs Sebas (BF) OXO

Game 1: He starts things up with a Rai-Oh to stop my hand advantage, I am forced to mind control Rai-Oh. I then summon a yellow gadget (no effect to search of course). I xyz to hope to attack. He then got rid of my hope. I am unsure on how I push for game.

Game 2: Rai-Oh again, what to do? Smashing ground. No choice, none of my level 4 monster can run it over. I then summon a gadget and attack. He then summons a Sirocco to punch. On the next turn, I go cyclone his backrow. I mind control his Sirocco and summon veiler to go for Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. However, Sebas turn the tables with BLS (thanks to his Lavalval Chain), despite me veiling his BLS, he push the game from there.

Game 3: Top decking in progress, then He reborn my Machina fortress!! I was forced to smash it. He summon his Rai-Oh again!! I drew a Gearframe! Who cares if I can’t search, I just summon Gearframe. Fortress hit Rai-Oh then Gearframe go for game.

Round 3 vs Wesley (Inzektors) XOX
Game 1: Setting of backrow, I chain D his hornet but he torrential the field to ensure his hornet stay in grave. And I was like…… when he pot duality thrice! (Once per turn in 3 consecutive turn!), I used Phoenix Wing Wind Blast to top deck his hornet. (Learnt that from him) . However, I still lost to him, with his inzektors stuns.

Game 2: Limiter on fortress push the game for me when I ran it on Centipede
Game 3: He mst his own Mantis to produce more Inzektors that go for game for him.

Top 4

Round 4 vs Edward (Verz!) OXX

(Whoever wins this have a shot at Wesley again!!)

Game 1: My Gadget goes for push, not sure how I won.
Game 2: I made a terrible mistake. I had a face-down shadow imprisoning mirror but I ended up using solemn judgement. This mistake causes my loss.
Game 3: I had a really bad hand, only drew a gadget on the 4th turn, I was like …… I lost. L

Overall position: 4th

Well, maining chain disappearance is not a bad idea after all, why didn’t I do it in the first place? Being egoistic? From now on, I am not going to let my feelings take charge and let it cloud my Judgement on what is right for my deck. Enjoyed the whole tournament today

End of report
Jay Wong.

1 comment:

d3stin3d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.