Monday 16 April 2012

Asia Championship 2012 Tournament Report. 15/4/2012

Purpose: Try my best, and most importantly get that mat!
Edit: We met up quite early as instructed by "someone" but it turns out that "someone" was late. No name calling here. We forgive you. Take bus 190, and we arrived on time. (Lucky)

Pardon me if details are vague, posting my points mostly off small untidy handwriting and LP taking which I wrote in pencil and paper. And due to time-constraint, I did not really record much.
On with the report

Format: Single Eli
Number of Participants: 120+
Deck Used: Machina Gadget.

(Ironically: Despite more than 1/2 of the participants playing Inzektors and Hieratic, I did not meet a single one! (Lucky)
Yee Shean won the 1st round despite using a nonsense deck made up of spare cards. (Luck FTW))

Round 1 vs Leon (BF) OXO
Game 1: Leon warning my monster (I forget whether if it is a gadget or a gearframe) bring his LP to 6k, His Shura rammed into my green gadget and he bring out a vayu to direct attack me, bringing my LP to 6800. He synchro summon to A.O.J catastor. I fiendish chain his A.O.J when he tried to attack. I then bring out Hope to kill the chained A.O.J. I forgot how he get rid of my Hope but he had nothing so he end his turn. At the near end of game Leon LP was at 2850 while I am at 3400. (I forgot what we both use solemn judgement for). He Monster Reborn his A.O.J Catastor and reduce my LP to 1200. I get rid of his monster with smashing ground. I summon a yellow and attack reduces his LP to 1650. On his turn, I think he did not top draw a monster. So I just attack with yellow and use limiter removal at the damage step.

(At Game 2, I sided in a morphing Jar 2 and 2 shadow imprisoning mirror)

Game 2: His Shura attack my set Morphing Jar 2. And my Morphing jar 2 sends it back to deck. in the milling process, mills a Icarus Attack plus other cards and a SKILL DRAIN! (I am really a son of a lucky bitch!). However, I died to a D.A.D

Game 3: He rammed into my set Morphing Jar 2 (Again!). After milling 1 card, He milled a Blizzard. Both of us were unsure whether it can be special summon face-down. So we called for a Judge. Turns out the Judge was unsure too so He went up to the Head-Judge (I think) to confirm the effect. The Judge then came back to us telling use Blizzard is sent to graveyard and no more milling is needed.
On my turn I summoned my Gearframe and attack Leon, reducing his LP to 6800.
On his turn, he summoned a Bora, I intended to torrential but I choose not to. He special summons a Gale. I then activate torrential. He did not draw monster so Gadget beatdown and he scoop. (Somewhere around here we hit into time I think)

Round 2 vs Ryan (Evol) OO-

Game 1: I compluse his Evolsaur Diplo when it tried to attack my Red gadget.
On my turn I summon a yellow and Gadget beatdown. His LP 5500, I xyz summon to Maestroke the Symphony Djinn.Next turn summon a Gearframe, search for a Fortress. I attack Ryan with both Djinn and Gearframe reducing his LP to 1900. Only remember I got a Maestroke the Symphony Djinn, Hope and a Machina Fortress at the end of the game. I remember that I thought his facedownb set monster is a westlo but it turns out to be a Diplo lolz.

(Game 2 sided a morphing jar 2, a nobleman of crossout and a snowman eater)

Game 2:
Ryan starts; he sets a monster and end. (I suspect a westlo)
(Had a mind control in my hand), Drew a snowman and I set it, set a Phoenix Wind Wing blast and a bottomless. On his turn, He Heavy Storm! I let it pass. He Flip a westlo! (I knew it!). And he special summon an Evolsaur Elias. With Evolsaur Elias's effect, he special summons an Evolsaur Terias. He overlay Elias and Terias to xyz summon Photon Streak Bouncer. He then normal summons an Evolitle Casinerio that can summon 2 level 6 or lower Fire type dinosaur monsters with the same name,by tributing itself whn it destroys a monster by battle.

He enters battle phase, used Cassinerio to attack my Snowman Eater. He took 300 recoil damage, but his photon Bouncer negates my snowman's effect and I took 1000 damage. His bouncer destroy my snowman and his westlo direct attacks. My Lp 6300, his LP 7700.

My turn, I used a mind control on his bouncer and go for a gaia dragoo and I control the game from there.

Round 3 vs Galvin (BubbleBeat) OXX

Game 1: Limiter Removal wins the game for me.

(Game 2 ;sided a mind crush and a Morphing Jar 2)

Game 2: Mind crush his card when he used Emergency Call. My hope got snowed. At the last turn, I got a set Bottomless. He top deck a Bubbleman and he attacks me reducing my LP to 1050, he then activates his set Mask Change, bringing out Masked Hero Acid. I chained bottomless trap hole! (Yes!). However, he activate his second set mask change to summon masked Hero Vapor (WTF!), and I died from there.

(Game 3; throw in one more snowman eater)

We hit into time and pass four turns so first blood wins. His Hero-Blast blew up my snowman eater. I had mind crush him and I saw a Monster Reborn and a Pot of duality. I had only a set MST. Even though both of our LP is at 8k. once he hit me I lose. So I just scoop as He can monster reborn his Bubbleman that is in the grave.

(However, Wesley told me I should not just scoop as Galvin may be cautious against me due to the set card I got and use Pot of duality instead, and I may win).

So I got kick out in the 3rd round.

I am really lucky that day. I got game mats, dice more boosters and tournament packs that open decent cards. Not back for a scrub like me. My 90% no skill and 10% luck.

Credits to Ghakimx
:For advising me to put in a Morphing Jar 2 for my side-deck. Cuz without it, I may not be able to reach the 3rd round. Jason and Eddy did quite well too.

Cheers.
Odin Kaiserchronik Kitaras

1 comment:

Ghakimx said...

I didn't advise you to put in Morphing Jar 2, I just copied it because I thought it was a decent side card in most < Level 4 decks and works better than Fossil Dyna and Penguin Soldier at times.