Monday 23 April 2012

WDF Tournament Report #4 22/4/2012

A week later after the Asia Championships 2012, we are back to our training on duelling. As the saying goes "Pratice makes Perfect" so why not? I was half dead on that day with serious stomach flu and meeting troll docters with the "you don't say!" However, since there are only 7 people playing, I might as well join to complete an 8. As usual, the tournament report is based on rough paper sketching and recording of end lifepoints so it is a bit vague. Well, here goes.

Format: a successful 2 group round robin. (I am in group A)

Number of Participants: a nice 8

Deck used: Machina Gadget
Judge: Cheng Wee

Round 1 vs Edwin (Hieroglyphs) OXX

Game 1
Edwin sets a card and he ends.
I summon a Red gadget and attack, reduces his LP to 6700
On my next turn, I summon a gearframe and add a fortress to my hand. I then attack with both Red and Gearframe. However, he booked my Gearframe.
On his turn, he summons Atums but it got veiled by my veiler so Atums got overlayed to a Gaia dragoon that pierces my Gearframe. Not sure what happens next. I remember him dropping Gorz in me when I direct attack him with a yellow, reducing his LP to 1500. And I had to waste 2 Fortress to get rid of a Gorz and a Gaia dragoon. The game ended when I top-deck a gearframe and push the game from there.

(Game 2. Sided a morphing jar 2, 2 light imprisoning mirror and a Snowman eater)

Game 2
The situation changed when Edwin Raigeki Break my set Morphing Jar 2
The game ends with him having perfect LP. With no veilers and my side of Light-imprisoning mirror, got hit by a Gaia Dragoon on a set gearframe and got hit by a wattdragon. Got pretty jacked from there.

Game 3
Edwin goes heavy on me when he got 1600 LP left. Gathering enough resources he does all the loop. Ended with a Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max (that deal me a 2k LP direct damage by detaching a xyz material) and some other cards which I forgot. However, I survived the onslaught. On my turn, I mind control his Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max, I attempted to use Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max's to reduce Edwin's LP to zero. However, I got hit by a veiler. So pretty jacked from there and I lost.


Round 2 vs Jack (Chaos Dragons) OO-

Game 1
Had a decent hand, started things out with aggressive attack. Jack had a Dragon Ravine set up, dumping strong dragons to grave. Gearframe attacks his Magna Drago and reduces his LP to 7600. His Red Eyes Darkness Metal dragon got veiled, he attempted to run my gearframe over. However, I limiter removal my Gearframe, reducing his LP to 6800. On my turn, summon a green gadget, add a red gadget. Green gadget attacks and reduce his LP to 5400.Apparently, he ran short of resources to defend. On my turn, both Red and Yellow attack him reduces his LP to 2700. I then xyz them to summon a Maestroke the Symphony Djinn. If I remember correctly, I solemn judge a card of his and it halves my 8K LP to a 4K LP. I think it is a summon. On my turn, I summon a yellow gadget. Both Maestroke the Symphony Djinn and yellow gadget attack. Hit the game for me.

(Game 2. Sided  2 mindcrush and a Morphing Jar 2)

Game 2
I remember part of my opening hand. (1 Gearframe, 1 Fortress , 1 green gadget, 1 yellow gadget, plus a mind control).
*I forgot whether he had a Dragon Ravine
I summon a Gearframe, added a Fortress to my hand (I had two fortress in my hand now). I attack with my Gearframe, reduces his LP to 6200. He summons a Dragon, removes it from play for a Red Eyes Darkness Metal dragon. It kills my Gearframe, reducing my LP to 7000. He then sets a card. On my turn, I summon a green Gadget, he let it pass. I added a red gadget to my hand. I then discard a Red gadget and a Fortress to the grave, special summons Fortress from the graveyard. However, He solemn judge to negate the summoning of my Fortress. This result in his LP being reduces to 3100. My hand had a yellow gadget, a fortress and a mind control, while he only has a Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon on the field. Basically, I mind control his Red eyes darkness metal dragon to move it out of the way, special summon fortress by dumping itself and yellow gadget to the grave. Hit the game for me.


Round 3 vs Jason (inzektors) A revenge match?? XOX

Game 1
Drew a bad hand! All greens + purples. No gadget in sight. Got 1 veiler though. Set 5 backrow and ends. He summon card car D which I veiler it. From then on, he used his car to attack me for 4 turns! My LP: 4800.
At last, I drew a green gadget. I summon it but Jason veils it, but I decided to compluse my green gadget so that the effect will go through. His card attacks me again. I forgot how his car was got rid of. The car was only gone when my LP was at 3200. His Raigeki Break destroy my set torrential, (he discard an Inzektor Gruf). He solemn warning my monster summon (forgot what it was), reducing my LP to 6000. I attack him with Fortress, reducing his LP to 3500. He normal summons an Inzektor damsel but I negate with solemn judgement, My LP: 1600. On my turn, I summon a red gadget. My Red Gadget attacks. Jason's LP: 2200. When my fortress attacks, he compluse it. On his turn, he summons an Inzektor Gruf and equipped an Inzektor Gruf from the grave. (Atk = 1000). He then equips an Inzektor Giga-Mantis to Gruff. (Atk = 2900). Gruff attacks Red gadget (Difference in attack 2900 - 1300 = 1600 = My LP, no more and no less)

(Game 2: Sided 2 mindcrush and 2 Shadow imprisoning Mirror)

Game 2
I set a few cards and ends. (Got a mind crush, watch out pot of duality)
His Damsel got veiled but he direct attacks with it. My LP: 7000. He sets a few cards and ends
I summon a green gadget and attack his Damsel. Jason's LP: 7600
After that, I am very cautious, kept poking him with green till his LP was at 2k. I mindcrucsh, when he POD out a centipede. At LP of 2k, I just limiter removal my green to win from there.

Game 3:
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn got complused!
His trap stun hit the game for him. Damsel and centipede got free food to bomb. He then xyz summons Wind-Up Zenmaines to block, so basically got pretty jacked from there.

I got lucky draw prize. However there is not much good stuff except for a Fairy King Alverd.

As usual, Hakim got first and Jason hit second. Nice one.

Cheers
Odin Kaiserchronik Kitaras









No comments: