Monday 23 April 2012

WDF 4th Ranking Tourney Report + Introduction

Hi, I'm Jason, and its my first time blogging here and hope to entertain the viewers as much as possible, lol. So trying my best to contribute to this blog and share some of my experiences of YGO.

So some background info of myself in terms of YGO....
I started late December last year, and happen to get together with this bunch of friends and joined this group. So basically, I'm a 4 month-old YGO player. I start off playing Dark World, and it has been my favourite deck till now. In the midst, I've tried playing Karakuri, but it just doesn't suits me, and i didn't really like it. As for now, i'm playing inzectors, and is still trying to get the best build or the build i'm most comfortable with.

Alright, on to the tourney report ~


Members: 8
Format: Group Round Robin and off into Finals
Deck Used: Inzecters

We are separated into 2 groups, and having round robin with the group, and the winner of each group will go into finals, which is somewhat similar to the Asia Championship 2012 where Jeff took the title once more.

Match 1: VS Jack (Chaos Dragon) OO-

Game 1: Had one of the most passive hand in the deck which consist of 1 CED, 1 Warning, 1 TT, 1 POD, 1 Gruf. He started first and summon REDMD and ended. My next draw was a Hornet (lol). After that, i activate POD to grab a Giga-Mantis, which eventually help me won the game. I set all the traps in my hand and ended. On his turn, he summon a monster and i just flush, and he ended without doing anything. Next turn i drew a monster reborn, and i just ended, thinking that i will lose this game. Next, he used trade in to drop Blue-eyes WD and drew 2, he summon a dragon, whack and ended, in his end phase, i CED his monster away, and i drew a card. I summoned a hornet, equip it with a gruf and mantis and just give a direct hit. Next turn was also stagnant and i eventually won by reborning his Blue eyes and my hornet with 2900 att for game.

Game 2: Shit hand again. once more, i won by reborning his 3k beatstick, lol. (I'm such a jerk)


Match 2: VS Edwin (Hieroglyphs) OXO

Game 1: Standard inzecter stunts and baiting of traps and veilers won this game.

Game 2: Very bad hand. Full of spells, traps and veilers. He summoned Koa'ki Meiru Drago and bring my lifepoints to <1000. When I was about to make a comeback via a Damsel, he warned it.  He knew that i potted for a Maxx C and didn't do any stunts until my lifepoints was low enough that no Gorz or trag could help. After that he tried to OTK under Maxx C but i didn't drew anything to stop his stunts. (TRAG WHERE ARE YOU?!). So i just died from there.

Game 3: The most exciting game in the entire tourney. I opened with 1 damsel, 1 hornet, 1 snowman, 1 giga-mantis, and 1 torrential. i started first and drew a judgment. i set the judgment and torrential, and the snowman eater and ended. Next turn, he msted one of my cards and heavy storm my backrow (he's afraid there'll be a starlight road). After which, he sp-ed a tefeni, followed my shu, and he went uphill from there as he knew i had no maxx c. His end product was a Gustaph Max, 2 Gaia Dragoon, Wattdragon. He activated Gustaph Max eff with my lps at 6k. and he attacked my facedown snowman, with a piercing eff of 700. and i used snowman eater's eff to destroy Gustaph Max, and ate 2 direct attacks.

8000-2000-700-2600-2500 = 200 (I SURVIVED!)

Snowman eater was the MVP here. He set one a ended. after which i drew a monster reborn (yay!).So i normal damsel. and he flush, (hm, misplayed right there). And i reborn my damsel, did my hornet + mantis stunt, and end product was a revise dragon, and zenmaines. Next turn, he had nothing left, and i just pot for a CED, whack and ended. When he could recover, i already had a compuls face down and he couldn't do much from there and scooped.


Match 3: Yoong Kang (Machina Gadget) OXO

Game 1: CARD CAR D BEATDOWN! as he only had spells and traps and his only gadget got veilered.

Game 2: His mind crush and many good stuffs killed me. And once again, i hate to see the limiter removal winning games, lol.

Game 3: Trap stun won the game!

Finals: Hakim (Gravekeepers) XX-
We decided to share but just play the game for the points, lol.

Game 1: Royal tribute kills

Game 2: Snowman eater and BTH did their job there and i manage to destroy all his 3 Necrovalleys. But all my resources are gone, and i couldn't clear his backrow and lost from there.





Got a HC Excalibur from my prize packs and yeah, this is my first post on this blog!








Have fun!
Jason

No comments: