Wednesday 25 April 2012

WDF Tournament Report 22/04/12 and We're on Stomp!

Hey peeps, just thought I'd give a little breakdown of the last tourney report we had. Also, some interesting news about Econ.

WDF Tournament Report 22/04/12

Format: Round Robin - 2 Groups

Players: 8

Group A:
- Edwin
- Jay
- Jack
- Jason

Group B
- Me
- Edward
- Eddy
- Ameen

Judge: Chieflion


===
Game 1: Gravekeeper's (Me) vs Verz (Edward)

Round 1:
He pretty much got dominated this game. Not much I can remember.

Round 2:
Gave him a Royal Tribute and dominated the game from there.

Round 3:
I had Necrovalley and searched for an Assailant. I also already did a Royal Tribute, leaving him with no monsters other than Ophion and giving me info on his hand, but that was 2 turns before. I could have summoned the Assailant, used her effect to attack and kill off Ophion since its defense is < 2000, but I just set it which turns out to be a grim mistake. Next turn he summoned another Ophion, searching for more of the Forbidden Lance Infestation cards and I got killed by it because Torrential Tribute came as my top draw.

I felt really stupid for losing the first round. Oh well, lesson learned, do not underestimate your opponent, even if he loses to you many times before.
===
Game 2: Gravekeeper's (Me) vs Psychics (Eddy)

Round 1:
He pretty much got dominated because Necrovalley was cockblocking him. He couldn't do shit against me.

Round 2: Royal Tribute on my first turn. He got owned.
===
Game 3: Gravekeeper's (Me) vs Evol (Ameen)

Round 1:
If I remember correctly, he did a first turn Laggia and set 4 backrow. My turn comes, I set Recruiter, some extra backrow plus Dark Bribe. I also had a Dark Hole on hand. His turn, he kills my recruiter, I search for a GK monster and it was probably Commandant. My turn, I draw, I activate Dark Hole, hoping that his Laggia would negate and I could activate Necrovalley but surprisingly he activates Solemn Judgment. Being a dick, I use Dark Bribe to bribe God and obliterate Laggia. From there I pretty much owned.

Round 2:
He seemed to have gained a lot of advantage against me but admitted that I could probably win him despite having a not-so-good hand. I eventually gained a field of Spy, Recruiter and Descendant while he had an open field. I suspected he had Gorz, thus my field. Initially my plan was to use my weakest monster to hit him, either prompting him to summon Gorz and so I can kill the token, or to hit him with my strongest and then bombard Gorz and token. I stick with the latter plan and left Descendant on the field. Then he activated Pot of Avarice but it didn't save him very much.
===
Game 4: Gravekeeper's (Me) vs Inzector (Jason)

As always, I see Jason competing against me for the position of first place. Before the duel, I made an agreement with him to share 8 packs equally regardless of the outcome of the duel such that we were playing to determine the more skilled player.

Round 1: I don't exactly remember what happened but if I remember correctly, he played stall tactics while accumulating a lot of cards and then on my turn, I activated Royal Tribute, dropping his entire hand. You can guess what happens after that.

IIRC I sided in an extra Sin Stardust and Prohibition. He was the ONLY opponent I sided against, incase you guys haven't noticed before.

Round 2:  He had set a monster and a bunch of backrow and ended his turn. I summoned Sin Stardust Dragon but he just killed it off somehow. Then summoned Damsel to which I activated Torrential Tribute to destroy it and the set monster. It was Ryko. Damn, I'm lucky. Next, he set another monster and we kept exchanging turns. I was suspicious as to why the monster never flipped out. I summoned Descendant to attack the thing and it turns out to be a Snowman Eater. I couldn't do much after that but my backrow pretty much held in. He then summoned a Damsel, I was tempted to activate Warning but I just left it. Then, he Xyz Summoned Zenmaines with Snowman Eater but I just activated Warning. He got pissed as his losing streak just got worse.
===
For fun, I prompted a 'Challenge the Champion' event to which Chieflion challenges me. I got owned by Inzektors. Lolololololol.

Fun day is fun, I opened 4 packs, got nothing but Book of Spells/Magical cards but Jason was a good sport and gave me a Hieron. Also, I practically had a 'No Xyz Summon Bonus' but I did synchro for a Hyper Librarian with Effect Veiler as part of a greater plan.

If I you all haven't noticed before, I had been constantly winning 1st place in all of our group tourneys (except that last one that ended with a 3-way win). Weird trend isn't it? Its either its my best deck I can play or its that everyone has a hard time against my deck. Its still unusually to me but I believe that I Gravekeeper's played right can go a long way despite their simplicity, beating the meta.


Oh yeah, before I forget, some dumb bitch is complaining that her son is wasting his time and money on playing card games and guess what, she took pictures of Econ!




Our Almighty Hall of Scrubbing, before the last tourney.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1075628/stop_selling_trading_cards_to_my_son__hes_addicted_to_them.html#commentSection

That is all folks. I hope you've been entertained once more, stay tuned, I believe we'll be having another tourney next Sunday and maybe I'll even enter the Econ Saturday Tourney.

No comments: