Saturday 25 February 2012

Full Yen Non-Ranking Tourney Report (25/2/12)

Double-Elimination
Number of Participants: 14?
Deck used: Lightlord aka Lucksack Deck.

Judge: Jiyeon/Eustace??

Seeing how the March Banlist has given me another summoner, I decided to take out the deck again and see if Lady Luck favours me.

Once again, I am trying to do a decent report. If any mistakes with the report, please correct me. (I have a bad memory)

Round 1 vs Pei Ming (Infernity) OO-

Game 1: Looks like maining 2 D.D crow was the right thing.I crowed Archfiend and got some insane mill. I ended up with five lightlords. On his next turn, he got a AOJ Catastor, I just syn to Brionac and xyz to Number 17: Leviathan Dragon. I just push from there.

Game 2: He soul-release my Lightlord cards. I next turn drew a Judgement Dragon. I was like.........
I also forgot how I won that round

Round 2 vs Ying Jun (Inzektors) XX-

(This is a very bad match-up)

Game 1: He swarmed in the speed of light and I cannot do shit. What am I supposed to do if he got veiler and I am so dumb to think that he got a demon chain set face-down when it is a call of the haunted? I had taken 7900 LP worth of damage and I just literally scrub the next turn.

Game 2: Despite successfully getting rid of this Dimensional Fissure, due to bad hand and fear of Centipede. I misplayed badly (with him saying that I minus myself badly as well) and I lost from there.

Round 3 vs Ben (Ultimate Offering Gadgets) OO-

Game 1: Friendly exchange of blows, with me kick-starting the game with by using velier on his gadget. I kind of forgot how I won from there.

Game 2: Chain summoning with limiter and gadget effect. What a chain! Upon receiving a direct attack, I dropped a Gorz. My Judgement Dragon hits the field with a bang on the next turn. Push from there.

(Actually, at the mid-point of game 2, Eustace said that both Ben and I are already qualified for the top 8 as there are some people with 2 loses in a row but both of us insisted on playing till the end as it was so fun. And there is no way we will give up a game like that.)

Top 8 (Single Elimination)

Round 4 vs Hakim (Empty Jar) XX-

Game 1: Tried to veiler his morphing jar but he just Book of Eclipse it.My hand was clean while his hand is right and I just died to not being able to draw.

Game 2: Once again, his usual stuns with veiler in sight for me while no book is in my way. My Crowing of his Book of Eclipse came too late. Once more, I died to not being able to draw. How am I supposed to side-decked against that kind of deck! I had already mained 2 D.D crow and 2 effect veiler in my deck. What else can I do?

Congrats to Hakim for hitting top 2.

End of Report;

Jay Wong.

No comments: