Saturday 4 February 2012

Full Yen Ranking Tournament Report (04/02/12)

We were fucked before the tourney.

So yeah, just to troll people, I decided to play Gishkis because it takes real balls to enter a tourney using a ritual deck. But guess what, 2 key cards I need badly, Gishki Shadow and Gustaph Max were missing. So how? OK, just use Sangan and buy one Gustaph Max.

Enter Match 1, Round 1:
Ghakim's Gishki vs Benjamin's Gladiator Beasts - Win/Win

- I begin first, doing a lot of stun because I have Abyss, Vision and Salvage. End product IIRC, one Abyss, one Zeal Gigas.
- Benjamin begins, Summon Murmillo, activate Kaiser colesseum, set 3, end.
- Draw, Battle Phase (cuz I scared of War Chariot), suicide Abyss with Murmillo, attack with Zeal Gigas - Dimension Prison. Emo. Main Phase 2, Summon Beast, SP Abyss, search for Shadow I think. Set Spiritual Water Art Aoi. End.
- Benjamin draws, I activate Water Art ASAP, only discard My Body as a Shield. Emo. End.
- Draw, Activate Aquamirror- Dark Bribe, Activate Aquamirror- Dark Bribe. So sad. Nevermind, drop Shadow, search Aquamirror, activate with success! Summon Zeal Gigas, pay 1K lifepoints, drew an Abyss, shuffle his set card, win!

Enter Round 2:
For my side, I decide to put in 2 Royal Decree, 1 Gozen Match. Maybe 3 was better afterall.

- Don't really remember what happened but I was getting owned quite badly because of his heavy backrow and my Royal Decree getting bombarded.
- My Tragodiae dies, he summon Heraklinos, GG.
- Draw, I got a Monster Reborn, Levianima, Zeal Gigas. How to play? OK, Monster Reborn, target Tragodiae. He ask how many cards in my hand. He pass. WOW! OK, activate Tragodiae effect, drop Levianima and target Heraklinos. WOW! Pass again? Well yeah I was thinking that after most of my monsters effect passed. OK, whack you with Heraklinos, he eats 3K. Set Gozen Match, end.
- Fast forward, he summon out one Darius. Attack my Tragodiae. Obviously I won't let him battle because I don't want to die to a stupid Murmillo. Activate Gozen Match and send Tragodiae to grave. Main Phase 2, he activate one Spell card, forgot what, I drop Zeal Gigas like a boss and negate. He GG, end.
- Whack his Darius, he eat. Then he wish to scoop to which I accept because I know how it feels to die to a losing battle.

Enter Match 2, Round 1: Lose/Lose
Ghakim's Gishki vs Eustace's Six Samurai w/e

- He start first, only know how to summon Shien. I scrub.

Enter Round 2:
Threw in Royal Decree and Gozen Match.

- My hand really damn suck. What the fuck, Gishki so much search power yet can get damn suey hand! I summon Zeal Gigas, end.
- He Summon Shien, set 3, end.
- Draw, activate Zeal Gigas effect- Fiendish Chain. WTF. OK, Summon Abyss- Fiendish Chain. SERIOUSLY, WTF. I try to do some shit like Solemn Judgment, oh Magatama. FUCKING SHIT.
- Fast forward, I running out of cards, he summon Grandmaster, whack with him and Shien, I summon Tragodiae to cock block. OK, Main Phase 2, he summon Volcasaurus, bomb Tragodiae, 'game'.

SO HERE'S WHERE'S THE DRAMA.

1. Volcasaurus cannot inflict damage to a monster with ? ATK.
2. I had a Monster Reborn and one Zeal Gigas. So I still have a fighting chance.

These things were only realized after the tourney. But can I be blamed for if I don't know about card rulings like about Volcasaurus? Uh, no? Its not everyday I get burned by a Volcasaurus inside a SIX SAM DECK.

C'mon lah, if it takes a clone of Infernity Doom Dragon to win you a game against a ritual deck, something is severely wrong. I sometimes think that letting a ritual deck hit somewhere around the finals is more interesting than seeing Yet Another Everyday Deck top the tournament. WDF is Yugioh if a nobody can't become somebody?

See you in the next tournament.

- Ghakim




P.S. Remain pure against those who manipulate others, Great Obelisk! Punish the weak and feeble, Great Slifer! Give us strength in our time of need, Winged Dragon of Ra! And most importantly, ban Mind Control, Almighty Horakthy! Thank you!