Saturday 25 February 2012

Pure Lv 6 Hieroglyph Build

My first Hieroglyph build for the March 2012 format. I have been play-testing this build for quite awhile recently and one thing is for sure, this deck is capable of OTK-ing very quickly. But I am sure many of you who actually played a Hieroglyph deck will know that the biggest flaw of this deck is its consistency issue.

I did not run Hieroglyph Seal of the Divine Dragon unlike most Hieroglyph builds simply because I did not have Ennead at the time when I built this deck. I only had Atumus and Gaia Dragoons so I decided to form a pure level 6 Xyz build; turns out it is also as deadly as other builds because of the infamous - 2x Atumus (overlay to Gaia) + 1x Gustaph Max + another monster (which is pretty easy to pull off).

Here's the build:-

Monsters - 22
----------------
3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
3x Hieroglyph Dragon - Tfeni Dragon
3x Hieroglyph Dragon - Aset Dragon
3x Hieroglyph Dragon - Shiyu Dragon
2x Hieroglyph Dragon - Nephthe Dragon
2x Tragoedia
2x Wattdragon
1x Prime Material Dragon
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Delta Flyer
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spells - 9
------------
3x Hieroglyph Seal of Gathering
2x Night Shot (just trying out this card for the fun of it)
1x Monster Gate
1x Monster Reborn
1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm

Traps - 9
-----------
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment

Some interesting tech cards which most Hieroglyphs do not run would be Delta Flyer and Prime Material Dragon. As I do not need to run the Lv 8 balls, I decided to tech in these 2 cards. Delta Flyer is a Level 3 tuner which can add 1 Level to any other monster on the field. As most monsters are Level 6, it gives the deck instant access to Trident Dragion. (Although this deck has already its own OTK engine, 1 more OTK option is not that bad; Trident Dragion is also Level 10...more Gustaph Max fun) Prime Material Dragon, on the other hand, actually replaced Lightpulsar Dragon (Kudos to fellow teammate for giving me this suggestion). Turns out it is much better than Lightpulsar as he got a built in "Destruction Jammer" which comes in handy incase OTK failed. His second effect, which is anti-burn decks is also awesome. Do not need to fear of Chain Burn decks as you just need to summon Atumus and bring Prime Material Dragon out. Chain burn decks will probably get stuck for awhile until they find a way to get rid of him like a Lava Golem or something. However be careful when you summon this guy, you don't want to heal your opponent for 2000 LP just by carelessly going into Gustaph while this guy is on the field.

All and all, this is an interesting build which I had fun with for quite awhile. I am going to reform this deck as I recently pulled Ennead from buying some packs. I might be tech-ing in Card Car Ds in the new build for more draw power. (I do not like Super Rejuvenation)

Conclusion, this is not a good deck IMO. (An inconsistent deck is a bad deck to me) But for anyone who wants to try to play Hieroglyphs without the Seal (Trolololol), this should be interesting. It is also possible to summon 2 Gustaph Max in one turn with Sacred Ptolemys Messier 7, just for the pure joy of having two Rank 10s on the field. :)
Hieroglyph Dragon King - Atumus
"One hell of a scary card."

No comments: